Sunday, February 1, 2015

Short Update

Ive been trying to get past some fairing stumbling blocks in construction. These have been significant enough to keep me away from the boat for several days. I wont go into it now since I have nothing else to really say about it other than yesterday, somewhat re-invigorated , I went out and started working the build again. I got to a point where I felt like I could get over this hump and I went to bed satisfied enough to feel good about it.

So as soon as I have something significant to post, I will add the latest construction news. 

One additional thing Id like to say is that I regularly visit several build sites, builder and design forums, and blogs where people are either sailing or preparing to sail. All of this has a positive effect on my attitude and helps me to get over the inevitable down times. I cannot stress highly enough, the importance of visiting these sites. 

For this latest bought of downtime, I was watching some You Tube videos of a young woman from Germany who basically just picked up and bought a used sailboat in Panama. She decided she wants to sail around for some period of time to test herself. Watching her deal with the issues of a used boat and her seemingly endless positive attitude was enough to get me out of my slump and back into the garage.

So if youre building and things are going south, take some time off and see what others are doing. After awhile, youll feel like youre ready to tackle the world again.

Until next time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment